- Cleanliness & Maintenance (300-point checklist including preventative maintenance schedules and hurricane checklists)
- Health & Safety checklists (local and international regulations)
- True representation of properties in marketing materials for all rental properties
- Delivery of established Service Standards and training including utilising our property management software solution for work orders, maintenance schedules, and monitoring of contractors
- “Stay, safe” our international cleaning and sanitizing standards following local, CDC and WHO COVID-19 guidelines
We have found that using these methods guarantees that all properties under our care are maintained to the highest standard. Putting the proper preventative maintenance processes, systems and checks in place will ensure that the property is well maintained and always ready and welcoming for any arrival.
- Upon appointment for management, your Blue Sky Luxury property manager will assess the service requirements of all systems, appliances and equipment at the property. This includes frequency (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually).
- Quotations are requested from select suppliers and site visits to the property will be facilitated by the property manager who will also answer any queries.
- Due to the size and scale of the properties being managed by Blue Sky Luxury as a whole, quotations will be sourced for contracted services at the best possible price, quality and reliability.
- Maintenance contracts and service level agreements will be determined. Once appointed, the oversight of these suppliers will be the responsibility of Blue Sky Luxury to ensure timely and complete delivery.
Blue Sky Luxury is heavily invested in technology and the property management department has directly benefitted from this, we use specialized property management software. All preventative maintenance schedules, routine inspections, work orders and service requests are logged to track and record the resolution of maintenance issues from submission, assignment, monitoring and through to completion (with time-stamped digital photos if needed). The software also has a mobile app for both iPhone and Android devices making it easy for the property managers to submit these work orders. Each individual home under our management (whether rented or strictly for owner use) is added to the software.
Why is preventative maintenance so important?
The investment of having a home in Barbados for owners is significant. Blue Sky Luxury, along with the reputable suppliers, have a responsibility to advise and guide owners on the best systems to put in place to improve and prolong the life of the appliances and equipment at the home. Having these systems will improve the performance of the equipment as well as the health and safety of the home in general.
Forecasting and budgeting expenses is made easier with proper, consistent, proactive programs in place. Thorough records including a full asset register for all equipment and appliances using photos, purchase dates, supplier and warranties are also kept. A periodic review of these preventative maintenance programs is also needed to ensure price competitiveness and updated practices are introduced. For these reasons, but not limited to this, the transparency of contractor pricing is so important here; Blue Sky Luxury will ensure that the contractor is paid what they charge you; there is no mark-up applied to the bill by our firm. This is validated further by ensuring that all owners have access to every one of their invoices including those for maintenance when monthly financial statements are made accessible to them.
What are some examples of equipment and services that should be included in your preventative maintenance plan for your home?
The type of equipment, location (consider the exposure to various environmental elements), the age of the equipment and how often it is used are all taken into account when developing these programs. For example, for a holiday rental home that is occupied 250 nights a year, the recommended air-conditioning servicing may be quarterly for various split system units. However, an owner use home (non-rental) that is occupied 90 days a year may have a servicing schedule of twice per year. Similarly, grease traps should be cleaned at least once per year however depending on occupancy, this can increase to two or three times per year. Other services and equipment to consider developing a preventative maintenance plan for are:
- All appliances
- Water heating systems (solar and electric)
- Irrigation systems
- Water storage (including pumps)
- Security systems (including cameras and sensors)
- Pest control
Contact us today for more information on what we can do to partner with you to ensure your property is looked after the way you want it to be.
Blue Sky Luxury is one of the leading Property Management companies in Barbados. Our vacation rentals brand is dedicated to providing our clients with the knowledge to make informed decisions. In a unique and difficult situation worldwide, Barbados has managed its COVID-19 case well. There has been no community spread on the island and most cases are imported. Although the travel industry has been one of the hardest-hit markets, we are still seeing trends that provide hope for those with holiday homes in Barbados. As a villa owner in Barbados or a perspective in the holiday rentals business, we’ve put together a list of our Top 5 FAQs. Here’s how the Property Management team at Blue Sky Luxury can help you have your holiday home approved for quarantine.
1. Do you know what the process is for having your holiday home approved for quarantine for you or your guests?
The Barbados Government has a very clear, set process on how this can be achieved. It requires various correspondence with both the Ministry of Tourism and the Ministry of Health and most importantly, it requires that a local property management company must be appointed for the home.
2. Do you need help registering your holiday rental home with the Barbados Tourism Product Authority (BTPA)?
Following the Tourism Levy Act, all tourist accommodations are required to be registered with the BTPA. Blue Sky Luxury has taken an active stance in providing information to our owners and guiding and ensuring they are compliant with this Act. There is specific information that is needed to complete this registration including providing the Tax Identification Number (TIN) for the property.
3. Do you need help registering your property to obtain your TIN with the Barbados Revenue Authority for Shared Economy Levy?
Any property in Barbados that offers short-term rentals, must charge their guests a shared economy levy which is collected and then subsequently filed and remitted to the BRA. To do this, a TIN must be assigned to the property by submitting the registration in the Tax Administration Management Information System (TAMIS) and providing the necessary documents to the BRA. Blue Sky Luxury offers this service to owners within our portfolio. While some other property management companies may refer owners to an accountant to provide this service, you do not need one for this; once we are appointed as the property manager for the home, we take on this responsibility on behalf of our owners.
4. Do you know that if you own a home and you do not offer it for holiday rental that you can still apply to get the property approved for quarantine for your stay?
Yes! This is possible and once again, there is a very clear, set process on how this can be achieved. For more information, please feel free to contact Blue Sky Luxury at (246) 622-4466 on how we can help as a local property management company must be appointed for the home.
5. Do you know there are other options for security (including technological solutions) other than hiring security guards?
Blue Sky Luxury works in conjunction with a security monitoring firm that offers various security solutions on a temporary, as-needed basis specifically for quarantine purposes. We will arrange for a site visit to determine what will work best for your home. Alternatively, the property can be monitored by a security guard, and Blue Sky Luxury works with reputable companies who offer our owners and guests preferred rates.
There are many positive and beneficial reasons for choosing Blue Sky Luxury to look after your home and knowledge about this process and the time and attention taken to ensure that all goes well during quarantine as we act as the single point of contact about Government-issued protocols for many of our owners and guests, especially as it relates to quarantine. We provide information and guidance on various processes such as transportation from the airport, pre-stocking of groceries/provision of ready-made meals, and in-villa COVID19 testing to name a few.
It is very important to us that we help our owners navigate through these challenging times – and not only from the property maintenance perspective – by keeping them informed at all times so they can make the best decisions about their home and ensure that they and their guests can continue to enjoy their time in Barbados.
Contact us today for more information on what we can do to partner with you to ensure your property is looked after the way you want it to be.
Direct Barbados: 1.246.622.4466
Freephone UK: 0800 0885574
Toll Free US/CND: 1 866 404 9600
Visit our Property Management page
Go back to our website
Find a villa here
Dear Blue Sky Luxury Family,
Last night the Barbados Ministry of Tourism published new Barbados Travel Protocols to go into effect Oct. 1. These protocols govern the requirements for safe entry into the island. We wanted to assure you that regardless of the changes you should still feel confident to travel with confidence. Persons travelling to Barbados are assigned to a “risk category” based on whether they have transited or travelled to a country within 21 days prior to travel to Barbados. The categories: High-Risk, Medium-Risk, Low-Risk, and Very Low Risk determine whether quarantine or other measures will need to be taken by the traveller.
While the steady rise of cases in the UK has now landed the UK in the High-Risk category along with other selected countries, the revised protocols are there to keep you safe so you can truly enjoy the majority of your stay. With a mandatory retest 4-5 days after your initial test, with the ability to test up to 72 hours before arrival, this means quarantine can be as short as 2 days and we have plenty of ideas for how you can spend two or three relaxing days in the comfort of your villa to rest up for the energy you’ll need to explore after that. The types of properties permitted for quarantine have now expanded to some condominiums and smaller properties as well. The fact is, despite the protocol change, the truth remains the same, it is not where you are coming from but where you are going that counts. If you were thinking of, or you are coming to Barbados, not much has changed.
Barbados COVID-19 Facts
- Barbados remains on the top 5 Caribbean countries with the lowest number recorded of COVID 19 cases.
- Barbados has had no significant evidence of community transmission with most(all) cases being imported
- Barbados has the facilities to adequately care for or quarantine persons who may have contracted the virus.
- Caledonia Jets, Virgin Atlantic, and most recently British Airways are only allowing persons with a negative COVID 19 test onboard.
- Many Travel Insurance companies are now providing insurance for travelers
- It is mandatory for all persons arriving in Barbados from the High and Medium Risk categories to have a negative COVID 19 test in order to enter the island
Barbados remains a low-risk destination with firm protocols to keep you and your loved ones safe. The team at Blue Sky Luxury extends that bubble of safety with the launch of “Stay, Safe.” our international cleaning and sanitizing standards. Whenever you see the Stay, safe label, you can be assured of the absolute highest standards of cleanliness. The reality is that COVID- 19 will be with us for a while. If you are thinking of travelling, or are travelling to Barbados, imagine not having to leave your luxury villa, with a pool, chef-prepared meal, and most of all your loved ones. The truth is dear friends, you just may be safer here in Barbados working under the Barbados 12 Month Welcome Stamp visa or for an extended period over the holidays.
We are in this together. We want to encourage you not to panic or to cancel your trip. Remember, it’s not where you are coming from but where you are going to. Barbados… One of the safest islands in the world. To review the complete set of new protocols visit www.barbadostravelprotocols.com and we’ll be happy to help you plan your stay!
If you have any questions or simply need to express a concern. Email our team at email@example.com.
Blue Sky Luxury
Barbados has officially opened for travel. Naturally, we are excited. For us, this means that we have the opportunity to continue to do what we love. It also means that we can share the safety protocols for travel to Barbados with you. Ahead of flights coming into Barbados, these protocols, issued by the BTMI, ensure that we can protect our guests, staff and the Barbadian community.
Download the BTMIs Barbados travel protocols here.
We’ve also included useful links and key information for Barbados travel protocols for safe entry to Barbados. Remember you do have options for private first-class flights with Caledonia Jets and the promise of a spectacular Barbados summer special with 30% off best in class vacation villas. Here’s what you need to know:
- All arriving passengers will be required to submit a negative COVID-19 PCR antigen test within 72 hours of travel or be tested on arrival in Barbados
- Arriving passengers must complete their Embarking/Disembarkation (ED) form online 24 hours prior to travel – Travelform.gov.bb
- A valid email address is required to download the new immigration/customs form or to edit submitted immigration/customs form
- After July 15, you can upload your COVID-19 PCR test results via Travelform.gov.bb
- Testing options are available upon arrival if you haven’t submitted proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test
- Travellers who do not have a negative test and do not opt for testing will not be allowed to enter Barbados.
- Visit barbadostravelprotocols.com to view risk level by country to determine protocols relevant to you during your stay
- To view your country’s “risk category.” See section Assessing country
- Monitoring from “high risk” countries will be conducted for 7 days and may be subject to additional testing during their stay
- The Barbados COVID-19 hotline number is 1 246 536 4500
These protocols are accurate at the time of posting but may be subject to change at any given time. Please refer to the BTMIs website for further updates.
Want to receive updates on Barbados travel as soon as they are released? Sign up for our newsletter below. We promise to only send you relevant updates on Barbados. If you’d like to unsubscribe, after you receive your first email correspondence from us, click on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email.