Our Top Reasons to Skip the Hotel and Enjoy a Villa Holiday instead!
Fun with family and friends. Relaxation, a flexible schedule, a chance to “just be you” and enjoy those who are most special. A unique setting, space, a home away from home. All of this can be enjoyed in a gorgeous holiday home – this is what vacations are made of. More-so, with the emergence of COVID-19, and the need for social distancing, villa vacations offer so much more than a traditional hotel stay and here are our top reasons why.
With the emergence of COVID-19, the world has changed. As a result of this, holidaymakers needs and expectations have changed as well. An open buffet with hundreds of strangers around brings a sense of anxiety. Having an entire space for you and your loved ones is an offer that a hotel simply cannot match. An increasing number of travelers are into wellness and villas with private gyms, pools and even movie theaters give guests the freedom to stay, safe and relax.
So Much More than Just a Room with a View
Vacation homes offer you so much more than a room with a view. Space to play, reconnect and make memories to last a lifetime. Villa holidays provide access to a world of one-of-a-kind opportunities. Have you ever dreamed of staying in a fully staffed beachfront home with more than 20 of your nearest and dearest friends? Or on a historic island estate with your family surrounded by tropical gardens? Or in a romantic apartment just steps away from fantastic restaurants, hot spots and white sandy beaches? It is time to stop dreaming and start living. All of these memorable vacations, and many, many more are just a few clicks away.
Personal Service … Plus Privacy!
Our experienced team can assist you with choosing the perfect villa from our extensive property listings based on your unique requirements. Ultimately, the villa you choose and all of its amenities becomes your private retreat…there is no need to share with throngs of other guests. To tailor-make your holiday even further, our concierge team of island experts are available to assist with creating your perfect holiday itinerary from the moment you book your home and will also be available to assist you throughout your stay. Many villas come with their staff who look after your every need – it is truly a one-of-a-kind experience that cannot be duplicated! Even holiday homes that are located within condo resorts are more private than hotels, thanks to the spacious designs and beautiful facilities and common areas.
Have you ever considered staying at one of the island’s top villas? Well if you travel as a group, this may very well be your reality! In comparison to hotel rooms with a usual maximum capacity of four persons, several of our villas sleep 10-plus guests. Therefore, traveling as a large group spells more value for money, since the cost is split over more guests at any one time. Additionally, many villas include extra amenities so you can enjoy relaxing at your home away from home rather than heading out daily for restaurant meals and activities.
The Joy of a Flexible Schedule
Staying at a villa during your island getaway offers the perfect canvas to let your imagination run wild! Unlike hotels which have strict schedules for dining, housekeeping and other basic services, villas give you the luxury of sleeping in late and still enjoying a fantastic breakfast, midnight dips in the pool, as well as all the other perks you need to just go with the flow and enjoy at your own pace. After all, this is your holiday so we want you to enjoy it your way!
Kids can be just that…Kids!
Don’t forget, children are very much welcomed in many of our holiday villas! If you have children traveling with you, you can let the frolicking resume as soon as they arrive at the holiday home, where kids have space to explore. Parents can easily keep an eye on the little ones, and won’t have to worry about their children venturing into restricted areas. Moreover – and probably most importantly – the youngsters won’t have to bridle their fun to avoid interrupting other guests! Preparing their food? Keeping to their nap and meal schedule? Villas have that covered too! After all happy kids mean happy holidays for parents too.
Enjoy an Authentic Barbadian Experience
Whether you choose a holiday home on the island’s south or west coasts, or a quiet retreat further inland, villas offer you a more intimate opportunity to explore the authentic Barbadian experience. Take a stroll to the local convenience store, or stop short and have some refreshing coconut water from a roadside vendor to really get a glimpse of how Barbadians live! Better yet, have your in-villa cook prepare the finest in local cuisine and indulge in the best the island has to offer!
Perfect for Families, Buddymoons & Landmark Celebrations
Our beautiful villas offer spacious rooms and grounds perfect for hosting groups of friends and family! You will be spoilt for options when trying to choose the perfect bedroom for each guest, and will cherish the time spent reconnecting by the sunny pool, sipping lemonade on the terrace or around the dinner table each evening. Villas are the top choice for families and landmark celebrations thanks to stunning venues, absolute privacy and the creation of vibrant memories. But, even after your special day has passed and the event lingers as a dear memory, you can bask in the afterglow with your loved ones at the very place where your memories were made. We invite you to make memories to last a lifetime.
Do you think you are ready for a villa holiday? Then visit our extensive listing of villas, condos and apartments to get started!
Stay in touch, we love to hear from you!
Direct Barbados: 1.246.622.4466
Freephone UK: 0800 0885574
Toll Free US/CND: 1 866 404 9600
Go back to our website
Find a villa here
Download Our Relocations Guide
We’ve launched! Starting today, you can get all of the information needed on relocating to Barbados under the 12 Month Barbados Welcome Stamp. The Terra Group of companies (a bit below on us) has launched a comprehensive guide to answer any questions that you may have on relocating to Barbados.
When we learned of the 12 Month Barbados Welcome Stamp, we instantly came together to see how we could pool our best in class selection of villas, houses, apartments and townhouses, all suited for long term rentals. That royal we in The Terra Group ladies and gents comprises Terra Caribbean, Terra Luxury and of course, yours truly Blue Sky Luxury. Ahem…let’s get back to the good stuff!
Other than giving advice on the best authentic local experiences, the best Barbados vacation villas, offering luxury your way, here’s how we can help you relocate to Barbados. Peep our 12 reasons why (yes, we’re playing on the series and the stamp) Blue Sky Luxury and our sister companies Terra Caribbean and Terra Luxury is the best team to help you through the process of relocation to Barbados.
Key information from our 12 Month Barbados Welcome Stamp relocations guide:
Special Entry & Reside Permit (SERP)
Obtaining your Barbados Welcome Stamp
Your choice of Barbados long term rentals
Life in Barbados
While you patiently await our bespoke long-term rental website with a wide selection of long term rental properties, sign up below to receive new updates!
Barbados has officially opened for travel. Naturally, we are excited. For us, this means that we have the opportunity to continue to do what we love. It also means that we can share the safety protocols for travel to Barbados with you. Ahead of flights coming into Barbados, these protocols, issued by the BTMI, ensure that we can protect our guests, staff and the Barbadian community.
Download the BTMIs Barbados travel protocols here.
We’ve also included useful links and key information for Barbados travel protocols for safe entry to Barbados. Remember you do have options for private first-class flights with Caledonia Jets and the promise of a spectacular Barbados summer special with 30% off best in class vacation villas. Here’s what you need to know:
- All arriving passengers will be required to submit a negative COVID-19 PCR antigen test within 72 hours of travel or be tested on arrival in Barbados
- Arriving passengers must complete their Embarking/Disembarkation (ED) form online 24 hours prior to travel – Travelform.gov.bb
- A valid email address is required to download the new immigration/customs form or to edit submitted immigration/customs form
- After July 15, you can upload your COVID-19 PCR test results via Travelform.gov.bb
- Testing options are available upon arrival if you haven’t submitted proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test
- Travellers who do not have a negative test and do not opt for testing will not be allowed to enter Barbados.
- Visit barbadostravelprotocols.com to view risk level by country to determine protocols relevant to you during your stay
- To view your country’s “risk category.” See section Assessing country
- Monitoring from “high risk” countries will be conducted for 7 days and may be subject to additional testing during their stay
- The Barbados COVID-19 hotline number is 1 246 536 4500
These protocols are accurate at the time of posting but may be subject to change at any given time. Please refer to the BTMIs website for further updates.
Want to receive updates on Barbados travel as soon as they are released? Sign up for our newsletter below. We promise to only send you relevant updates on Barbados. If you’d like to unsubscribe, after you receive your first email correspondence from us, click on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email.
Flights to Barbados resume
Internally the team at Blue Sky Luxury has been excited to announce our partnership with Caledonia Jets, offering direct first-class flights to Barbados from July 8th, 2020 on privately chartered, luxury aircraft. Now that Barbados has officially reopened for travel, we’re equally excited to announce that “commercial air traffic resumes July 12 with protocols.” This is the latest news coming from the Barbados Government Information Service.
We’ve pulled a few key points from the message, for a quick read. Follow the link to read the full article.
Key points on flights to Barbados as of June 26, 2020
- The government announced that effective July 12, 2020, scheduled commercial air traffic will resume at the Grantley Adams International Airport commencing with Air Canada.
- Air Canada will be coming initially twice per week on Thursdays and Sundays.
- British Airways resuming its flight from Gatwick on July 18 once per week, but will respond to demand.
- JetBlue is expected to return July 25, coming four times per week from JFK.
- American Airlines is expected to resume flights on August 5.
- With respect to Virgin Atlantic, Ms Mottley said this airline was expected to resume flights on August 1, 2020.
Key points on safety protocols at the Grantley Adams International Airport.
- Refuelling of business could not be done “without also having a clear mind and understanding towards the health of workers and the health of Barbadian citizens.”
- All passengers arriving in Barbados will be required to have a negative COVID-19 antigen test within 72 hours of commencement of travel to Barbados from an approved lab.
- The standard of the test must be ISO, or CAP, or in the case of the United Kingdom, UKAS compliant, or the equivalent.
- After passing that test, persons would be given a certificate indicating that they are COVID-19 negative and will be granted permission to travel to Barbados.
- You’re expected to fill out online your Embarkation/Disembarkation (ED) card in advance of travel and the ED card now will have a new look and will carry within it, a number of questions which relate specifically to issues relating to personal health and symptoms.
- “And once you have filled that out online and submitted it, you’ll get an exchange sent back to your email address; most people will walk with it on their telephone, a barcode, which once you arrive into the island and you have your certificate indicating that you have passed the COVID-19 test, you just clear immigration and you are allowed into Barbados.”
- Depending on the level of risk of your arriving destination, passengers may be subject to further self-monitoring or retesting during their stay in Barbados. Further details will be updated on our website as we receive information.
Questions or comments? We’re always happy to receive! Get excited, we are!
To contact us email firstname.lastname@example.org
View our selection of best-in-class Barbados vacation rentals