Blue Sky Luxury launches “Stay, safe” our International cleaning and sanitizing standards.
We constantly ask ourselves, “what wouldn’t we do to protect our family?” and the answer is “anything, we’d do anything to protect them”. The safety and well-being of our extended family has never stopped being our priority, nor will it ever. So here we are, introducing “Stay, safe,” the official international cleaning and sanitizing standards for our 150+ portfolio of Barbados vacation villas.
We’re big on information sharing and transparency, click on any link to see all the ways we maintain a safe environment for you. Staying ahead of the curve is important to us. The “Stay, safe,” guarantee lives under the already established banner of The Blue Standard, the companies forward-thinking response to the need for clear standards in the villas rental market in the Caribbean. The Blue Standard focuses on four core areas:
- Health & Safety
- Cleanliness & Maintenance
- Accurate Marketing Materials
- Training and Service Delivery
The emergence of COVID-19 was the catalyst to integrate new local and international standards to the already rigorous 300 pt. checklist covered by The Blue Standard.
Whenever you see the “Stay, safe” label you can rest assured that our villas are as certified clean and sanitized. Some say, they’re so clean you can eat off the floor. From health and safety, space between bookings, to protecting our staff and you, we’ll ensure that you Stay, safe.
PS: Don’t eat off the floor, there’s a table inside.
Blue Sky Luxury is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation. See how we’re prepared and learn about our new relaxed booking policies. Read More >
Stay in touch, we love to hear from you!
Direct Barbados: 1.246.622.4466
Freephone UK: 0800 0885574
Toll Free US/CND: 1 866 404 9600
Go back to our website
Find a villa here
Download Our Relocations Guide
We’ve launched! Starting today, you can get all of the information needed on relocating to Barbados under the 12 Month Barbados Welcome Stamp. The Terra Group of companies (a bit below on us) has launched a comprehensive guide to answer any questions that you may have on relocating to Barbados.
When we learned of the 12 Month Barbados Welcome Stamp, we instantly came together to see how we could pool our best in class selection of villas, houses, apartments and townhouses, all suited for long term rentals. That royal we in The Terra Group ladies and gents comprises Terra Caribbean, Terra Luxury and of course, yours truly Blue Sky Luxury. Ahem…let’s get back to the good stuff!
Other than giving advice on the best authentic local experiences, the best Barbados vacation villas, offering luxury your way, here’s how we can help you relocate to Barbados. Peep our 12 reasons why (yes, we’re playing on the series and the stamp) Blue Sky Luxury and our sister companies Terra Caribbean and Terra Luxury is the best team to help you through the process of relocation to Barbados.
Key information from our 12 Month Barbados Welcome Stamp relocations guide:
Special Entry & Reside Permit (SERP)
Obtaining your Barbados Welcome Stamp
Your choice of Barbados long term rentals
Life in Barbados
While you patiently await our bespoke long-term rental website with a wide selection of long term rental properties, sign up below to receive new updates!
Flights to Barbados resume
Internally the team at Blue Sky Luxury has been excited to announce our partnership with Caledonia Jets, offering direct first-class flights to Barbados from July 8th, 2020 on privately chartered, luxury aircraft. Now that Barbados has officially reopened for travel, we’re equally excited to announce that “commercial air traffic resumes July 12 with protocols.” This is the latest news coming from the Barbados Government Information Service.
We’ve pulled a few key points from the message, for a quick read. Follow the link to read the full article.
Key points on flights to Barbados as of June 26, 2020
- The government announced that effective July 12, 2020, scheduled commercial air traffic will resume at the Grantley Adams International Airport commencing with Air Canada.
- Air Canada will be coming initially twice per week on Thursdays and Sundays.
- British Airways resuming its flight from Gatwick on July 18 once per week, but will respond to demand.
- JetBlue is expected to return July 25, coming four times per week from JFK.
- American Airlines is expected to resume flights on August 5.
- With respect to Virgin Atlantic, Ms Mottley said this airline was expected to resume flights on August 1, 2020.
Key points on safety protocols at the Grantley Adams International Airport.
- Refuelling of business could not be done “without also having a clear mind and understanding towards the health of workers and the health of Barbadian citizens.”
- All passengers arriving in Barbados will be required to have a negative COVID-19 antigen test within 72 hours of commencement of travel to Barbados from an approved lab.
- The standard of the test must be ISO, or CAP, or in the case of the United Kingdom, UKAS compliant, or the equivalent.
- After passing that test, persons would be given a certificate indicating that they are COVID-19 negative and will be granted permission to travel to Barbados.
- You’re expected to fill out online your Embarkation/Disembarkation (ED) card in advance of travel and the ED card now will have a new look and will carry within it, a number of questions which relate specifically to issues relating to personal health and symptoms.
- “And once you have filled that out online and submitted it, you’ll get an exchange sent back to your email address; most people will walk with it on their telephone, a barcode, which once you arrive into the island and you have your certificate indicating that you have passed the COVID-19 test, you just clear immigration and you are allowed into Barbados.”
- Depending on the level of risk of your arriving destination, passengers may be subject to further self-monitoring or retesting during their stay in Barbados. Further details will be updated on our website as we receive information.
Questions or comments? We’re always happy to receive! Get excited, we are!
To contact us email firstname.lastname@example.org
View our selection of best-in-class Barbados vacation rentals
Barbados has had really great news over the past week. Officially, Barbados has reopened for international travel and is a COVID-19 free destination. We don’t take this lightly and we celebrate the hard work and dedication of our government, frontline workers and the entire populace of Barbados. Today, Friday, July 03, the UK Government noted Barbados on the official travel corridor list. What it effectively means for UK residents is you do not have to self-isolate on return to the UK if these are the only places you have been to or stopped in during the previous 14 days. This goes into effect from July 10, 2020. Read the full article on the gov.uk website
Key points from the article on rules of exemption for travel:
From 10 July 2020, you will not have to self-isolate when you arrive in England if you:
- are travelling or returning from one of the travel corridor countries
- have not been to or stopped in a country that’s not on the travel corridor list in the previous 14 day
This applies to all travel to the UK, by train, ferry, coach, air or any other route.
If you have been to or stopped in a country that’s not on the travel corridor list you will have to self-isolate until 14 days have passed since you left that country
Because we could all use a glass of Barbados’ finest right about now and we’re committed to bringing you a taste of Barbados. Sharing with you our famous rum punch recipe to try out no matter where you are.
A favorite to many seeking a Barbados vacation escape, we hope that you can find peace within, whether you’re inside or outside. Stay healthy and keep moving with one of our favorite yogis Bawa Yoga. Follow her on Instagram @bawayoga. Barbados will always be a place of refuge for those seeking peace and respite.
It is clear that the best defense against this virus is to stop it from spreading. To do that we must stay ahead of the spread by limiting and even stopping all contact. To protect us, you, Barbados and the world we are doing our part. We are now fully virtual everywhere we can be. Nearly two weeks ago we transitioned our staff complement to ‘work from home’ arrangements. Last week we had 100% compliance. All office systems are up and running and all staff can fully function remotely. We are still open for business in the sense that whatever can be done without physically being there at our office, we are doing. We couldn’t be more proud of the way our team has pulled together to make the virtual adjustment in such a short period of time.
Many countries are wishing that they had moved earlier. Last weekend restrictions came into effect and then last night, further restrictions were deemed necessary. In both cases we were ahead of the required mandates and we intend to stay ahead so that we can serve you with total confidence. Everyone is reachable by telephone, email and mobile. Property managers have new robust protocols for visits to properties both residential and commercial for essential and security reasons only. Staff in the properties have separate protocols as well and are keeping the curfew. Valuers are completing engagements where site visits had been completed and all reports are now delivered digitally. Property showings for brokerage are no longer possible, although the new video walk throughs are available for many listings and this reduces the number of properties you need to visit in person when the restrictions are lifted. Our holiday rentals division is the most impacted at this point and we miss our guests. But they will be back and we will be here, stronger and better.
Staying ahead of the curve is in our DNA. We hope you understand and appreciate the actions we have taken and we look forward to working with you in this temporary virtual world but more importantly to meeting you in person in the post COVID-19 world.
Stay safe, stay strong, stay positive, stay connected.
The team at Blue Sky Luxury.
Do you have the travel bug in 2020?
Barbados has been named as one of the 50 best places to visit this year by Travel + Leisure. The magazine reports that in putting this list of destinations together they “hit the books, scouring tourism statistics, scoping out major events, charting new flight routes, and logging hotel debuts.” Getting further insight from their A-List travel advisors, trusted writers, hospitality insiders, and other industry pros, Travel + Leisure was able to secure the scoop on the best vacation spots for 2020. They’ve got their sights set on Barbados and so should you – add a Barbados holiday to your travel plans for 2020!
Make your travel experience even better by booking with us! Our Concierge Can team can provide you with all the tools you need to create lasting memories. Also, be sure to check out our Specials page for fantastic offers.
View all of our holiday homes here!