Barbados has officially opened for travel. Naturally, we are excited. For us, this means that we have the opportunity to continue to do what we love. It also means that we can share the safety protocols for travel to Barbados with you. Ahead of flights coming into Barbados, these protocols, issued by the BTMI, ensure that we can protect our guests, staff and the Barbadian community.
Download the BTMIs Barbados travel protocols here.
We’ve also included useful links and key information for Barbados travel protocols for safe entry to Barbados. Remember you do have options for private first-class flights with Caledonia Jets and the promise of a spectacular Barbados summer special with 30% off best in class vacation villas. Here’s what you need to know:
- All arriving passengers will be required to submit a negative COVID-19 PCR antigen test within 72 hours of travel or be tested on arrival in Barbados
- Arriving passengers must complete their Embarking/Disembarkation (ED) form online 24 hours prior to travel – Travelform.gov.bb
- A valid email address is required to download the new immigration/customs form or to edit submitted immigration/customs form
- After July 15, you can upload your COVID-19 PCR test results via Travelform.gov.bb
- Testing options are available upon arrival if you haven’t submitted proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test
- Travellers who do not have a negative test and do not opt for testing will not be allowed to enter Barbados.
- Visit barbadostravelprotocols.com to view risk level by country to determine protocols relevant to you during your stay
- To view your country’s “risk category.” See section Assessing country
- Monitoring from “high risk” countries will be conducted for 7 days and may be subject to additional testing during their stay
- The Barbados COVID-19 hotline number is 1 246 536 4500
These protocols are accurate at the time of posting but may be subject to change at any given time. Please refer to the BTMIs website for further updates.
Want to receive updates on Barbados travel as soon as they are released? Sign up for our newsletter below. We promise to only send you relevant updates on Barbados. If you’d like to unsubscribe, after you receive your first email correspondence from us, click on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email.
Flights to Barbados resume
Internally the team at Blue Sky Luxury has been excited to announce our partnership with Caledonia Jets, offering direct first-class flights to Barbados from July 8th, 2020 on privately chartered, luxury aircraft. Now that Barbados has officially reopened for travel, we’re equally excited to announce that “commercial air traffic resumes July 12 with protocols.” This is the latest news coming from the Barbados Government Information Service.
We’ve pulled a few key points from the message, for a quick read. Follow the link to read the full article.
Key points on flights to Barbados as of June 26, 2020
- The government announced that effective July 12, 2020, scheduled commercial air traffic will resume at the Grantley Adams International Airport commencing with Air Canada.
- Air Canada will be coming initially twice per week on Thursdays and Sundays.
- British Airways resuming its flight from Gatwick on July 18 once per week, but will respond to demand.
- JetBlue is expected to return July 25, coming four times per week from JFK.
- American Airlines is expected to resume flights on August 5.
- With respect to Virgin Atlantic, Ms Mottley said this airline was expected to resume flights on August 1, 2020.
Key points on safety protocols at the Grantley Adams International Airport.
- Refuelling of business could not be done “without also having a clear mind and understanding towards the health of workers and the health of Barbadian citizens.”
- All passengers arriving in Barbados will be required to have a negative COVID-19 antigen test within 72 hours of commencement of travel to Barbados from an approved lab.
- The standard of the test must be ISO, or CAP, or in the case of the United Kingdom, UKAS compliant, or the equivalent.
- After passing that test, persons would be given a certificate indicating that they are COVID-19 negative and will be granted permission to travel to Barbados.
- You’re expected to fill out online your Embarkation/Disembarkation (ED) card in advance of travel and the ED card now will have a new look and will carry within it, a number of questions which relate specifically to issues relating to personal health and symptoms.
- “And once you have filled that out online and submitted it, you’ll get an exchange sent back to your email address; most people will walk with it on their telephone, a barcode, which once you arrive into the island and you have your certificate indicating that you have passed the COVID-19 test, you just clear immigration and you are allowed into Barbados.”
- Depending on the level of risk of your arriving destination, passengers may be subject to further self-monitoring or retesting during their stay in Barbados. Further details will be updated on our website as we receive information.
Questions or comments? We’re always happy to receive! Get excited, we are!
To contact us email firstname.lastname@example.org
View our selection of best-in-class Barbados vacation rentals
Barbados has had really great news over the past week. Officially, Barbados has reopened for international travel and is a COVID-19 free destination. We don’t take this lightly and we celebrate the hard work and dedication of our government, frontline workers and the entire populace of Barbados. Today, Friday, July 03, the UK Government noted Barbados on the official travel corridor list. What it effectively means for UK residents is you do not have to self-isolate on return to the UK if these are the only places you have been to or stopped in during the previous 14 days. This goes into effect from July 10, 2020. Read the full article on the gov.uk website
Key points from the article on rules of exemption for travel:
From 10 July 2020, you will not have to self-isolate when you arrive in England if you:
- are travelling or returning from one of the travel corridor countries
- have not been to or stopped in a country that’s not on the travel corridor list in the previous 14 day
This applies to all travel to the UK, by train, ferry, coach, air or any other route.
If you have been to or stopped in a country that’s not on the travel corridor list you will have to self-isolate until 14 days have passed since you left that country
What if we told you there was a way to fly safe and stay safe?
Blue Sky Luxury, in partnership with Caledonia Jets is excited to announce a new, weekly, luxury flight service direct to Barbados from London Stansted private aircraft terminal to a private terminal in Barbados with an inaugural flight as soon as 8 July 2020. Fly from home to paradise in the blink of an eye and reconnect with your loved ones here in Barbados.
With first-class seating throughout, the private aircraft allows passengers to feel relaxed in a luxury environment.
We appreciate the concern for travel during the pandemic. To protect you, your fellow passengers and the wider Barbados community, Caledonia Jets will be operating a mandatory COVID-19 testing and self-isolation programme in a hotel in close proximity to Stansted Airport within 24 hours of departure. The minimally invasive PCR COVID-19 swab test and self-isolation is a strategy approved by the Barbados Government to ensure that all passengers boarding the aircraft have a negative test result.
Flight pricing at GBP5000 one way or GBP7500 return plus testing and accommodation costs for the night prior to departure. Interested? Contact our reservations team today and we would be happy to help plan your holiday.
Good to know
From flight to villa, both Caledonia Jets and Blue Sky Luxury employ stringent health and safety processes to ensure that you stay, safe.
- Seating allows for a distance of 6 feet between seats for your comfort and safety
- Crew will issue all passengers with a hygiene comfort kit and continually sanitise high touch areas throughout the flight
- The Airbus jet has the latest in hospital-grade HEPA filters installed on-board to ensure air is always fresh and never recirculated.
Ready to book?
Flights – E: email@example.com
Villas – E: firstname.lastname@example.org